BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

HURRICANE GUSTAV

Well here it is as promised a report on Hurricane Gustav.

Last week we started tracking Gustav as a tropical storm. As it made its way into the gulf as a cat3 storm Louisiana prepared for the worst. Our Gov. Bobby Jindal was so on top of the situation which made me sooo proud. My family was prepared to leave and go to Texas if the storm was going to come in as predicted as a cat3or4, but with God's grace it came in after weakening. The storm hit Houma and Morgan City and traveled NW into Lafayette up into Evangeline Parish. As it came close to Oakdale it was at a CAT1 storm, and at about 10 miles from entering Allen Parish it sort of made a little northern turn which gave us the edge and western tip of the storm. God spared us from the worst. We were also lucky that it did not slow down and stall as it was supposed to which allowed it to come through our area before dark. My sister who is 15 miles north of me was hit real hard with tornadoes. Lots of lines down and trees. The dealership I work for was hit pretty bad with broken windows, blown sign, and ceiling tiles down. The following is some pictures that I was able to take and also some video taken outside or outside my bathroom window as the storm approached. Due to safety I did not risk taking video during the worst of it. lol. Thank you to all my scrappy sisters for all the prayers and love shown during this storm.


these are pictures of our dealership







These are pictures of before, during, after pictures at my house.













these are not in any order and may be boring to you but if you watch the whole thing you will get to see the wind. lol


on this one if I am a little shacky it was the wind blowing me back. The wind was sucking in the small window I was videoing from. It was just starting to get rough outside here. I stopped after this cause I was too scared.








































1 comments:

Tammy Wilson said...

Wow, Gloria how scary! Glad you and your family are safe and sound. hugs, Tammydee