BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Do you have a song that just inspires you? There are so many songs that I have sang when I was so in love, songs that made me happy when I was hanging with the gals, songs that made me remember my school years. Oh and we all have that wedding song, and the first dance, and the dad dance. But ----do you have that one song that when you think about your whole entire life---- this song just uplifts you and makes you know that everthing that you feel, think, do in your life is going to be fine. This song would give you hope in a storm, joy when your on top of the world? !!! I have that song. A group came to the churches (several) in our area and I went to each singing just to hear this song I had never heard before. This song touched me in ways no other song had. I just wanted to share this with you and If you don't have that special kind of song, I hope you can find this song in your heart. Cause this is not my song alone this is a promise that God has for each of us.

There comes a storm, in every life.
We all need a life boat.
God has provided a way for us,
to never be lost without hope.
He sent his son, to be the one,
to hang on an old rugged tree,
Not just a cross but it was a life
boat, a vessel of safety for me

You may be weak, weiry, and worn,
it's been a long hard journey.
Be not discouraged, your not alone,
he said I will never leave thee.
Rains will come the winds will blow,
but you'll have no reason for fear,
cause down through the years in all
kinds of weather, The hope of the Cross
is still here----

Hang on to the cross, Let it be your
life boat. When your ship is going down
this cross will keep you afloat, don't
ever let go and you'll never be lost. In
the midst of your storm---
Hang On To The Cross
written by David Robinson

1 comments:

Dolores said...

love that song!